The Research Methods Program focuses on the tools and techniques of inquiry applicable to many fields, including the social sciences, public health, education, international development, public policy, and data science.
- Research Design Overview
- Quantitative Methods Overview
- Public Opinion and Applied Research
Each course is approximately six to seven weeks with four months of monthly mentorship meetings.
- Crafting research questions and framing research
- Mixed methods research designs, including qualitative fieldwork methods and quantitative frameworks
- Case study and observation selection techniques
- Data analysis and visualization in R statistical software
- Survey design and implementation
- Use and analysis of major public opinion survey data, including the Afrobarometer and World Values Survey